At this time of year it is very much about fresh starts and having a clear out. I generally love this time of year for that very reason. A deep clean of all of those cupboards that are harbouring unwanted items that you just cannot throw away can do you the world of good. With a little one on the way we have been making progress in the clearing out front. When we moved to our new home we had a massive clear out, but a year and a half later, it seems that some of our cupboards are still chock-a-block and full of stuff that we have just hidden away and forgotten about. We are definitely going to need the extra cupboard space in the very near future and thought this was a perfect time to have a bit of spring clean.
The thought of spring cleaning can seem daunting at first, but here are some easy tips to help you get started:
- Go around the house room by room rather than trying to tackle the house in one day
- Identify things that you haven’t used or worn in years and put them in the throw away or charity shop pile
- Ask yourself, do I really need it? on every item that you have some kind of attachment to
- With items that you are willing to keep think about how you can organise them and store them better
- Sell some of your unwanted items to make some extra money
Yes, you heard right you can make extra cash onlineby selling your unwanted items on , which could be someone else’s treasure. It makes perfect use of the stuff that you just don’t need anymore – it’s nice to see your old and loved items going to good homes. I’ve sold quite a bit of my stuff online such as clothes and CDs and made some extra money, which I was quite surprised about at the time. I have a couple of bin bags ready for the charity shop and some others ready to stick online to sell. If people are interested in your items, you can make some extra cash with the click of a button.
Have you done any spring cleaning so far this year? Do you like to sell your old items online?